Preamble: NAIS administration and staff believes that regular and punctual school attendance is an essential component of student academic success. Attendance records are taken daily and checked for excessive tardiness and absences. To ensure that students understand the seriousness of regular attendance and punctuality, the following policy will be strictly enforced.
- If no urgent excuse is provided for an absence (preferably submitted prior to any absence), the teachers of all subjects for that day will give the student “0” on all tests, quizzes, homework, class work, participation, presentations, etc. In turn, this will consequently affect the GPA and rank.
- If a student is absent with an approved medical excuse from the school doctor and supervisor, the student can take the average of the quizzes he/she had. The medical excuse should be submitted to the school administration on the returning day of the student. In case of any delay, the medical excuse will not be accepted and a zero will be given on quizzes. An absent student without a valid or approved medical excuse will automatically receive a zero on his missing quizzes.
- If a student is absent on a Term test or Semester exam, a zero will be given on the test, and it will not be repeated under any circumstances.
- If a student misses any day (without an excuse), the School Academic and Performance Report System “SAPRS” automatically deducts 2% per day from the total average in every subject. Missing quizzes will not be given again to the student.5. If a student continues to miss time without an appropriate excuse, steps will be taken by the school to remove the student from school. Each case in this category will be dealt with on an individual basis. Excessive absence may result in expulsion from the school.
- If a student is sick for more than 3 consecutive days, a doctor’s certificate must be submitted to the school supervisor. If the excuse is accepted by the administration, the attendance deductions will be cancelled. Each case in this category will be dealt with on an individual basis.
- In case of any absence due to Sports tournaments, a letter from the club should be submitted to the school supervisor.
- For Grades KG – 5, students who miss more than 20 school days during a school year will be required to attend summer school. Parents will be responsible for all summer school expenses.
Important Note: Unexcused absences occurring on school-trip days or other unusual days (such as the last day of a shortened school week) will be treated with more severity than typical unexcused absences. In fact, points may be directly and immediately deducted from all your subjects.